March 31, 2021
How can OSD facilities safely dispense HIGH POTENT products?
Can containers and IBCs of very different sizes be used for the dispensed product?
Load drums, weight & dispense Highly Potent API into various containers or IBCs
What are the issues?
- Highly Potent APIs (CPT < 300 ng/m3)
- Large variety of incoming drum sizes (5-20 kg)
- Receiving containers range from bottles, to bags to IBCs
- Installation room is small: 6.5 m x 3.5 m (21’ x 11.5’)
Description of FPS custom solution:
- L-shape isolator on a platform
- Drum lifting/tilting system to load all drum sizes
- 3 chambers: inlet, dispensing (with scales), transfer with SBVs
- Waste & tools leave isolator via continuous liners
Benefits of FPS solution:
- No need for PPEs: isolator ensures CPT < 300 ng/m3
- Automatic drum loading is PLC controlled: high productivity
- Custom platform provides 6 feet (1.7 m) of space
- all drums and IBCs fit under the dispensing chamber
- bags & bottles are manually placed (comfortable height)